Sunday 6 February 2011

Dedication


Though I have started my high altitude journey with Annapurna Sanctuary route to Annapurna Base Camp in 2007 I consider trip to Langtang National Park (LNP) Rasuwa as my first research visit. I’ve visited “The Land of Tamang - Rasuwa” in 2008 for the first time as a researcher in Expedition Langtang’08. Obviously as a field researcher and linguistic facilitator I had many responsibilities in one hand and a golden opportunity to understand mountain diversity in another. I got to experience many aspects of Mountains (Himalayas) and its inhabitants during that expedition. In this sense I was in a win-n-win condition getting chance to sharpen my research skills and understanding in one of the calmest places of world – The Himalayas. So I would like to dedicate my first post ever to Expedition Langtang’08 – a pioneer research project to pave my way towards research field.

This was a collaborative team of students with two Nepali from Tribhuvan University Nepal and six British studying at University of Edinburgh Scotland, U.K.  This was the TEAM:
From left Russell Galt, Stephen Woroniecki, Corrinne Boddy, Me, Ritesh Thapa (back), Elaine Anderson and Alice Thomson
 Research was conducted on eight different villages from LNP and its adjoining areas to understand the indigenous communities’ attitudes and perception about LNP and its conservation strategies. To compare people’s perceptions and expectations with park authorities understanding and management strategies was one of the major objectives. Please visit www.expeditionlangtang.com for more details regarding the project and the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment